Jim and Ted talk about gauging a patient’s ability to move forward with their recovery as well as how best to encourage patients past their fears and motivate them to work on their recovery.
On September 23rd, James Modera will be showcasing the Terra-Core at a booth at the …
Join us for the journey of self-leadership through movement and authentication of the self through yoga.
A multifaceted immersion to help you connect the practice of yoga to yoga as a lifestyle.
- Awaken with: Morning tune in, slow flow yet deep and vibrant yoga practice
- Connect with: FLOW Nature Meditation Walk
- Play with: AcroYoga by elevating the connection between you and others
- Rejuvenate with: Healthy lunch provided by Chef Beth Anne Grummons and various health and wellness modalities offered by local practitioners (massage, skin care, meditation, hypnosis and more)
*NOTE: ALL practices are appropriate for ALL levels. Anyone over the age of 10 is welcome.**
When: Saturday, September 23rd, 2017
Time: 9 AM – 3 PM; Check in begins at 8:15 AM
Location: The North Farm 4988 West Lake Road Geneva, NY, 14456.
Come watch Jim show you how to use the Terra-Core …
- It’s a step. It’s a balance trainer.
- It’s a multifaceted group-x machine.
- It’s the soul mate of weight bands everywhere.
- It’s the longest, best warranty in the industry.
- It’s over 250 exercises to help you reach your goals.
- 1,000 lb. weight capacity.
The Terra-core by Vicore Fitness is a new product that Jim utilizes to help improve core strengthening along with other physical therapy exercise programs. This month Jim and Ted discuss core strengthening and how these exercises should target the transverse abdominus muscles, the ones that lead to mid-life sag.
Today Jim discusses passive treatments done in physical therapy called modalities. These include a variety of treatments such as ice/heat, electric stimulation, ultrasound, light therapy and cold laser therapy.
Today’s discussion is about alternate methods of pain management. Do you ever wonder whether you should ice an injury or use heat? Listen to today’s broadcast for some insight regarding this and other pain management topics.
Lower your handicap and improve your game through proven balance, strengthening and flexibility training:
- Increase flexibility and strength
- Reduce risk of injury
- Increase club head velocity
- Increase driving distance
On-site introductory training brought to your course by Jim Modera, P.T
Talk to your golf pro or staff to sign up, or call (800) 423-7226.
Print the flier! [pdf]
This is the time of year we are starting to get outside and begin some spring activities. Yard work, lawn mowing, gardening etc. can lead to injury if not done correctly. Jim gives advice on lifting techniques for spring cleaning, proper lawn mowing and gardening advice to get you started this season.
Ergonomics is defined as “the study of how people interact with things in a safe and efficient manner.” This month, Jim talks about work-site layout including how your computer and monitor are situated, how you should be sitting to be considered ergonomically-correct, and the benefits of using “computer glasses” instead of bifocals. Ergonomically-correct sleeping postures are covered this month, also!
February’s topic is direct access to physical therapy. Many people are unaware that in NY State most insurances allow you to see a physical therapist without a referral from your physician! Physical therapists are qualified to measure function and impairment, screen for pathology and refer to a MD. Jim also touches on sedentary lifestyles and how to avoid injury from overdoing on the weekends.